Pair Greek-inspired lamb skewers with tzatziki for a delicious family dinner.
The ingredient of Lamb skewers with tzatziki
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1.6kg lamb rump, diced into 3cm cubes
- 1 lemon, juiced, to serve
- 1 large green ridge cucumber
- 2 cups plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Lamb skewers with tzatziki
- Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice, oregano, and pepper in a large ceramic dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, to marinate.
- Make tzatziki: Peel and halve cucumber lengthways. Scrape seeds from centre and discard. Grate cucumber. Place in a sieve. Cover and stand over a bowl for 30 minutes to drain. Combine cucumber, yoghurt, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain lamb, reserving marinade. Thread 4 pieces lamb onto each skewer.
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Lightly grease barbecue plate. Cook skewers, turning and basting with marinade, for 8 to 10 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Place skewers on a platter. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Serve lamb skewers with tzatziki and Greek salad (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Lamb skewers with tzatzikifatContent: 380.249 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein