These traditional Florentine biscuits taste fantastic with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning.
The ingredient of Golden syrup florentines
- 200g flaked almonds, roughly chopped
- 90g (1/2 cup) sultanas, roughly chopped
- 75g (1/2 cup) Craisins - Sweetened Dried Cranberries (Ocean Spray brand), roughly chopped
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 80g butter
- 80ml (1/3 cup) golden syrup
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 40g copha, chopped
The instruction how to make Golden syrup florentines
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Combine almonds, sultanas, Craisins and flour in a large bowl.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place tablespoonsful of almond mixture separately on the lined trays, leaving 5cm between each. Dip a teaspoon in warm water and spread each to make a 7cm disc.
- Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes or until dark golden. Set aside on the trays to cool. Repeat with the remaining almond mixture.
- Place the chocolate and copha in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan. Dip 1/2 a cooled biscuit in the chocolate mixture, then place on a wire rack to set. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and chocolate mixture.
Nutritions of Golden syrup florentinesfatContent: