*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Date and lemon scones
- 150ml milk, plus extra for glaze
- 150ml cream
- 1 egg
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
The instruction how to make Date and lemon scones
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Whisk together milk, cream and egg.
- Add flour and sugar, mix well. Lastly, add dates and lemon. Mix together to form a dough. Turn out onto a clean, lightly floured surface.
- Quickly and lightly, knead the dough, not overworking it.
- Roll out with a rolling pin, to about a 1-inch thick patty.
- Press a round cookie-cutter into the patty to form discs, laying the discs on a baking tray, flat side up.
- Brush tops of discs with milk and cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
Nutritions of Date and lemon sconesfatContent: