These old-fashioned gingernuts dont quite have the tooth-breaking texture of the store-bought ones but strike a lovely balance between snap and chew.
The ingredient of Gingernut biscuits
- 250g butter
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) soft brown sugar
- 250mls (1 cup) golden syrup
- 3 teaspoons MasterFoodsu00ae Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour, sifted
The instruction how to make Gingernut biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, ginger and cinnamon in a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined. Heat, stirring frequently, over medium heat until almost to boiling point and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the butter mixture into a large bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water and then stir into the butter mixture. Add the plain flour and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture onto the lined baking trays to form rounds about 3cm in diameter. Leave plenty of room for each to spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until a medium golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on the trays. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Gingernut biscuitsfatContent: