This easy recipe sees your favourite summer Aussie treat - mango and ice-cream Weis bar – reincarnated into a no-bake cheesecake, perfect for entertaining.
The ingredient of Weis bar cheesecake
- 200g Arnottu2019s Butternut Snap Cookies
- 35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 4 medium mangoes
- 2 x 80g Weis Mango and Ice Cream bars
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 250g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream (or coconut cream)
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
The instruction how to make Weis bar cheesecake
- Process cookies and coconut in a food processor until cookies are coarsely crushed. Add butter and process to combine. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the base and sides of a 12 x 34cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm. Wipe the food processor clean.
- Meanwhile, cut cheeks from mangoes and remove skin. Cut Weis bars to separate the ice-cream half from the mango half. Transfer fresh mango and Weis mango half to the bowl of the food processor (reserve ice-cream in a bowl in the fridge until needed). Process mango mixture until smooth. Measure out 375ml (1 1/2 cups) mixture and return to processor. Reserve any remaining mixture for another use.
- To divide the tart base in half, fold a 32cm length of foil in half lengthways. Fold lengthways again, smoothing flat. Fold in half one more time to make a crease line and open to make an V-shaped piece of foil. Place the foil down the length of the tart tin with one side sitting flat on base of tin and other edge upright to create a wall. Place a ruler upright in the crease of the foil to support the foil wall. Scrunch up extra pieces of foil to wedge between ruler and side of tin, to hold the flattened foil and ruler in place (it will stabilise once the filling goes in).
- Place 60ml (1/4 cup) water into a small wide bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over. Set aside for 2 minutes to absorb and soften. Microwave gelatine mixture on High for 20 seconds, then whisk with a fork to dissolve. Set aside to cool slightly before adding to mango mixture. Process to combine. Transfer to a jug. With the tart tin sitting on a shelf in the fridge, pour the mango mixture into the tart shell, on the side without foil. Store in fridge for 1 hour or until set
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese, cream, reserved ice-cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Dissolve gelatine in 1 1/4 tbs water as above. Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat to combine.
- Take tart shell from the fridge and carefully remove foil and ruler. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the empty half and use the back of a spoon to gently spread, smoothing the surface. Return to the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from fridge and stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften crust slightly. Cut into slices.
Nutritions of Weis bar cheesecakefatContent: