Martha Stewart has made Christmas even better with these beautiful chocolate biscuits.
The ingredient of Martha Stewarts chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- Chocolate, coffee, peanut butter, mint or raspberry flavouring (see note)
The instruction how to make Martha Stewarts chocolate sandwich cookies
- Sift flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour, on low speed, until combined. Spoon half the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a disc (dough will be quite soft). Cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Roll 1 dough disc between 2 sheets baking paper, until 3mm thick. Using a 4cm square cutter, cut shapes from dough, re-rolling and cutting any dough scraps. Using a small metal spatula or butter knife, transfer shapes to prepared trays, 2cm apart. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are just firm, swapping trays halfway during cooking. Stand on trays 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Filling: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in desired flavouring. (see note)
- Spread a small amount of filling on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Martha Stewarts chocolate sandwich cookiesfatContent: