The ingredient of Lime pie by Matt Preston
- 115g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 175g butter, melted
- 250ml cream
- 340g condensed milk
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 1/2 limes, zest
- 1-2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
The instruction how to make Lime pie by Matt Preston
- Line a slice tin (22 x16cm or thereabouts) with baking paper. Leave some paper to overhang the edge of the tin. This will help you when it comes to gutting the cheatscake out of the tin.
- Whizz the biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor or bash with a rolling pin in a strong plastic bag. Mix the biscuits with coconut and melted butter and press firmly into the base and just a little way up the sides of the tin.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream to soft stable peaks. Now gently u2013 you donu2019t want to knock any of the air out of it u2013 spoon into a large bowl and set aside.
- Whip the condensed milk and fold the lime juice and the lime zest through the condensed milk. Gently fold the condensed milk and cream together until just combined.
- Next layer this over the biscuit crumb so it sits like a billowy white and rather limey cloud.
- Set in fridge for at least 3 hours. To serve, zest a little more lime over the top and finish with fine shreds of the kaffir lime leaf. (see note)
- Rolling up the leaf and then slicing as finely as you can so it looks like fine blades of grass. You can top with a line of toasted flaked coconut.
Nutritions of Lime pie by Matt PrestonfatContent: