Adding pistachio kernels to the gremolata adds a nutty crunch to this creamy pasta dish.
The ingredient of Creamy mushroom pappardelle with pistachio gremolata
- 225g dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 shortcut bacon rasher, thinly sliced
- 375g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 250ml tub extra light cream for cooking
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, leaves torn in half
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Creamy mushroom pappardelle with pistachio gremolata
- Make Pistachio gremolata: Place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until just tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and is starting to brown. Add mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream until well combined and smooth. Simmer gently for 2 minutes. 4 Remove pan from heat. Add spinach, reserved cooking liquid and pasta. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with pistachio gremolata.
Nutritions of Creamy mushroom pappardelle with pistachio gremolatafatContent: 461.987 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 9 milligrams cholesterol