This simple pasta sauce can easily be doubled to feed a bigger crowd.
The ingredient of Spaghetti with cherry tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 120g pancetta, rind removed, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup (80g) parmesan, grated
The instruction how to make Spaghetti with cherry tomato sauce
- Combine the onion, pancetta, rosemary and garlic in a food processor and whiz until fnely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened. Add the anchovy and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until dissolved.
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, add the cherry tomato sauce and toss to combine. Add half the basil and parmesan and toss to combine. Season and divide among bowls. Serve with remaining parmesan and basil leaves.
Nutritions of Spaghetti with cherry tomato saucefatContent: 655.816 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61.9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 92 milligrams cholesterol