Take it easy with this lamb and olive pasta. Its easy to prepare and quick too.
The ingredient of Penne with lamb, tomato & olives
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 700g btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 300g penne rigate
- Olive oil spray
- 2 (about 250g) lamb backstraps
- 40g (1/4 cup) pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Fresh oregano leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne with lamb, tomato & olives
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the passata and rosemary and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Discard rosemary and add the vinegar.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Place over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Thinly slice the lamb across the grain. Add to the tomato mixture with the olives and chopped oregano and combine.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the lamb mixture and sprinkle with oregano leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Penne with lamb, tomato & olivesfatContent: 489.233 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein