Shavings of salty pecorino perfectly complement this robustly flavoured pasta.
The ingredient of Rigatoni with campidano sauce & pecorino
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 500g dried rigatoni pasta
- 450g pkt Gourmet Pork Sausages Italian Style
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 400g jars Barilla Napoletana Pasta Sauce
- Shaved pecorino, to serve
The instruction how to make Rigatoni with campidano sauce & pecorino
- Combine the saffron and boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, use a knife to pierce casing at one end of each sausage. Squeeze sausage meat into a bowl. Discard casings. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage meat and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the pasta sauce and saffron mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with pepper.
- Divide the pasta and sauce among serving bowls. Top with pecorino and season with pepper.
Nutritions of Rigatoni with campidano sauce & pecorinofatContent: 976.315 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 104 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein