Lamb shank meat makes a superb and special pasta sauce.
The ingredient of Penne with braised lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked lamb shank meat (see related recipe)
- 400g penne rigate
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne with braised lamb
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add tomato paste. Stir until well combined. Add tomatoes, lamb shank meat and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Spoon pasta into bowls. Stir basil through braised lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over pasta. Top with shaved parmesan and basil leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Penne with braised lambfatContent: 670.395 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 56 milligrams cholesterol