Feed the family with this creative tomato pasta meal, starring salty prosciutto and spicy chilli.
The ingredient of Amatriciana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices (125g) prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Chilli Flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cooked rigatoni pasta, to serve
- Thinly sliced chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Amatriciana
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto, chilli flakes and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Add parsley. Stir to combine.
- Serve with rigatoni, topped with chilli.
Nutritions of AmatricianafatContent: 181.64 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 18 milligrams cholesterol