Now everyone can enjoy the crispy golden topping of the much -loved family favourite with these individual mac n cheese bakes made with hickory-smoked bacon bits.
The ingredient of Smoky mac n cheese
- 350g macaroni
- 6 rashers hickory-smoked middle bacon, coarsely chopped
- 50g butter
- 11/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup (35g) plain flour
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (240g) coarsely grated cheddar
The instruction how to make Smoky mac n cheese
- Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 5 mins or until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Add butter to the pan and stir until butter melts. Add the paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the mixture is slightly grainy. Add the milk and use a balloon whisk to stir until well combined. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 mins or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in half the bacon, parmesan, spring onion and three-quarters of the cheddar. Season.
- Preheat grill on medium. Stir macaroni into sauce. Spoon evenly among six 1 1/2-cup (375ml) ovenproof dishes.
- Top with remaining bacon and cheddar. Cook under grill for 2 mins or until golden and heated through.
Nutritions of Smoky mac n cheesefatContent: 580.77 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein