This super quick carbonara dish is packed with vegetables so you dont have to feel too guilty during your next pasta indulgence!
The ingredient of Quick 5-a-day carbonara
- 250g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 150g shortcut bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 250g packet fresh sweet potato noodles
- 250g packet zucchini noodles
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Quick 5-a-day carbonara
- Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring for 2 minutes or until starting to brown. Add broccolini and asparagus. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add sweet potato noodles, zucchini noodles and peas. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until almost softened.
- Whisk eggs, flour, parmesan and cream in a bowl. Add pasta and egg mixture to bacon mixture. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, adding reserved cooking water if necessary. Serve topped with extra parmesan.
Nutritions of Quick 5-a-day carbonarafatContent: