Creamy spaghetti carbonara meets frittata in this quick and easy dinner idea.
The ingredient of Spaghetti carbonara frittata
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra shaved parmesan, to serve
- Baby rocket, to serve
The instruction how to make Spaghetti carbonara frittata
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 5cm-deep, 17cm (base), 25cm (top) ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 shortcut bacon rashers. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Chop remaining bacon. Add chopped bacon and onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Whisk eggs, garlic, cream, chives and u00b9u2044u00b3 cup parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and bacon mixture to egg mixture. Stir to combine. Add egg mixture to frying pan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until frittata is beginning to set around the edge. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Transfer to oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Top with rocket and reserved bacon. Sprinkle with extra chives and shaved parmesan. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Spaghetti carbonara frittatafatContent: 787.983 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 450 milligrams cholesterol