Classic carbonara gets a 17-minute makeover with the addition of crunchy chorizo.
The ingredient of Chorizo and thyme carbonara
- 375g dried pappardelle pasta
- 2 chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Chorizo and thyme carbonara
- Cook pasta following packet directions until just tender. Drain, reserving u00bd cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in thyme. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg, cream and parmesan in a jug. Add egg mixture, reserved cooking liquid, 1/2 the parsley and 1/2 the chorizo to pasta. Toss to combine and heat through. Season with pepper.
- Serve pasta topped with remaining chorizo and parsley, and extra parmesan.
Nutritions of Chorizo and thyme carbonarafatContent: 664.659 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 201 milligrams cholesterol