Keep this versatile sauce in your fridge to add to pasta, pizza or anything else you can think of.
The ingredient of Roast tomato sauce
- 1kg roma tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine
- olive oil cooking spray
The instruction how to make Roast tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a large, ceramic baking dish. Cut a cross in the base of each tomato. Place tomatoes in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes or until skin lifts slightly. Drain. Peel and deseed tomatoes. Roughly chop flesh.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano and wine in prepared dish. Lightly spray with oil. Cover with foil. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Roast for 45 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft and onion tender. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Blend or process tomato mixture until almost smooth. Spoon into hot sterilised jars (see note). Seal. Turn jars upside down for 2 minutes. Turn right side up. Allow to cool. Store in fridge unopened for 1 week. Once opened, store in fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutritions of Roast tomato saucefatContent: