This recipe took out the title of Australias best spag bol, and after one bite, youll know why.
The ingredient of Brians bolognese (with spaghetti)
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium brown onions, diced
- 100g pancetta, diced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 500g pork mince
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 x 500g jars Leggos Bolognese Pasta Sauce with Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Herbs
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- 150ml thickened cream
- 750g spaghetti
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Brians bolognese (with spaghetti)
- Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, onion, pancetta and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add beef and pork mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add wine. Stir to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and u00bd the beef stock. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cover two-thirds of the top of the pan with a lid. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 11/2 hours, adding a little of the remaining stock every 15 minutes and stirring to combine after each addition.
- Remove lid and taste. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Add cream. Stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until just tender. Drain well.
- Serve bolognese with spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutritions of Brians bolognese (with spaghetti)fatContent: 861.117 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 48.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 105 milligrams cholesterol