Add loads of herbs and beef stock for a really robust sauce. Your weekend pasta bolognaise has never tasted so good!
The ingredient of Colins rich bolognaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g good-quality beef mince
- 200g pork mince
- 200ml red wine
- 1L (4 cups) tomato passata
- 400ml Massel beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 star anise
- 675g pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, torn
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Colins rich bolognaise
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef and pork mince to the pan and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5u00a0minutes or until browned. Add the wine. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the passata, stock, bay leaves, thyme and star anise. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Stir the vinegar and basil into the sauce. Season. Serve with the pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutritions of Colins rich bolognaisefatContent: 848.211 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 100 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein