This pesto tastes exactly like the regular version, but is free from nuts and gluten! Plus, you only need 5 ingredients to make it.
The ingredient of Nut-free basil and roasted garlic pesto
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Nut-free basil and roasted garlic pesto
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread pepitas over prepared tray. Place garlic on a piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bring edges of foil together, twisting top to enclose. Roast garlic for 20 minutes or until tender, adding pepitas to oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Cool completely.
- Place basil and pepitas in a small food processor. Squeeze garlic from skins into food processor. Process, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- With motor operating, gradually add remaining oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue to process until combined. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in parmesan. Season.
Nutritions of Nut-free basil and roasted garlic pestofatContent: 233.742 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 0.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 5 milligrams cholesterol