Salty pancetta and creamy egg pair in our take on one of Lazio’s most famous pastas.
The ingredient of Penne alla carbonara
- 400g penne rigate
- 200g pancetta or bacon rashers
- 150g parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Penne alla carbonara
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Return the pasta to saucepan.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook, turning, half the pancetta for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use tongs to transfer the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towel to drain, leaving the fat in the pan. Repeat with remaining pancetta. Coarsely chop.
- Add the pasta to the pancetta fat in the pan. Stir over low heat for 1 minute or until coated. Remove from heat. Cool for 1 minute. Stir in the pancetta, parmesan, parsley and oil until combined. Quickly stir in the egg until the pasta is coated. Season with pepper.
Nutritions of Penne alla carbonarafatContent: 722.975 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein