With some help from our friends at Barilla headquarters in Italy, heres a tasty fettuccine recipe that will make it to the list of your family favourites.
The ingredient of Fettuccine with Italian sausage, leeks, gorgonzola dolce and napoletana sauce
- 350g Barilla fettuccine
- 1 jar Barilla napoletana pasta sauce
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Italian pork sausages, skinned and cut into 1cm pieces
- 10 leaves of flat parsley, finely chopped
- 100g gorgonzola dolce, 1 cm diced
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup of white wine, dry
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Fettuccine with Italian sausage, leeks, gorgonzola dolce and napoletana sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add rock salt (7g to a litre of water).
- Drop the Barilla fettuccine into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the leek and garlic and cook on a gentle heat (covered with a lid) until the leek is almost caramelized for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sausages and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the Barilla napoletana sauce and simmer for few minutes.
- Drain the pasta a couple of minutes before the suggested time and toss it into the sauce with u00bd cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan.
- Remove from the heat and add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and parsley. Stir well.
- Serve and garnish with pieces of gorgonzola dolce on top.
Nutritions of Fettuccine with Italian sausage, leeks, gorgonzola dolce and napoletana saucefatContent: