This versatile dinner of sweet potato and ricotta will keep your family fed any night of the working week.
The ingredient of Sweet potato, spinach and ricotta rotolo
- 750g orange sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 180g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 300g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 5 large (16cm x 28cm) fresh lasagne sheets
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan (see notes)
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet potato, spinach and ricotta rotolo
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 25cm x 30cm (8-cup-capacity) roasting pan.
- Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 8 minutes or until tender. Mash until almost smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer 1/2 the onion mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in pasta sauce and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Add spinach and lemon juice to remaining onion mixture in frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Add spinach mixture, pine nuts and 200g ricotta to the sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Spread pasta sauce mixture over base of prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining ricotta. Place 1 pasta sheet on a flat surface. Leaving a 1cm border, spread 1/5 of the sweet potato mixture over the pasta sheet. Roll up tightly from one short end to enclose filling. Cut roll into 4 rounds. Place rounds, cut-side up, in pasta sauce in dish. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets and filling to make 20 rotolo.
- Sprinkle rotolo with parmesan. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Sweet potato, spinach and ricotta rotolofatContent: 706.484 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 81 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 20 milligrams cholesterol