This spring-flavoured crunchy-topped chicken lasagne makes a great change from the classic Italian version.
The ingredient of Cheesy chicken, zucchini and spinach lasagne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/4 cups Perfect Italiano grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 50g baby spinach
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- 250g tub reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
The instruction how to make Cheesy chicken, zucchini and spinach lasagne
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan. Add chicken and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach wilts and chicken is heated through.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 17cm x 22.5cm (base) baking dish. Place 1 lasagne sheet, trimming to fit. Top with 1/3 chicken mixture. Arrange 1/3 zucchini on top. Repeat twice. Top with remaining lasagne sheet. Combine ricotta and 1/4 cup parmesan. Spread over lasagne sheet. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy chicken, zucchini and spinach lasagnefatContent: 601.085 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol