"This is not your average pasta bake: meltingly tender, rich beef ragu topped with tortellini and a golden cheese crust.” - Michelle Southan.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked cheesy beef tortellini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg beef chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 375g pkt veal tortellini
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked cheesy beef tortellini
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Cook the beef, in 3 batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add the onion and garlic to the dish. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the tomato, stock, paste, sugar and beef to the casserole dish.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in the parsley and basil. Season.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Cook the tortellini in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until just al dente. Drain. Return to saucepan. Add 1 cup beef mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Spread the tortellini mixture over the beef. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden and melted.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked cheesy beef tortellinifatContent: