Keep dinners quick, easy and delicious with this broccoli and bacon pasta.
The ingredient of Penne with broccoli and bacon
- 300g penne rigate
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pine nuts
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne with broccoli and bacon
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente, adding the broccoli in the last 1 minute of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, use a zester to remove rind from lemon. (see notes). Juice the lemon.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Remove from heat.
- Add the bacon mixture, pine nuts, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice to the pasta mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- Spoon pasta evenly among serving bowls. Top with shaved parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Penne with broccoli and baconfatContent: 704.333 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 48 milligrams cholesterol