Show off your Italian skills with this stylish pasta dish.
The ingredient of Fettuccine with garlic cream and crisp pancetta
- 100g piece parmesan
- 375g fettuccine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 (about 130g) thin slices pancetta
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 1 300ml container thickened cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Fettuccine with garlic cream and crisp pancetta
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the long side of parmesan to make 12 shavings. Transfer to a plate, cover and place in the fridge. Finely grate remaining parmesan. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, toss with 1 teaspoon of the oil, return to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop half of pancetta and set aside. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat, add 4 of remaining whole pancetta slices and cook, uncovered, for 1 minute each side or until golden. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining slices. Add chopped pancetta to pan and cook over high heat, uncovered, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on a separate plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a clean, medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion softens slightly. Add wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by half. Add cream and bring to the boil, Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in grated parmesan. Taste and season with salt.
- Add the cream sauce, chopped pancetta and chives to the fettuccine and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and top with pancetta slices and parmesan. Serve immediately sprinkled with pepper.
Nutritions of Fettuccine with garlic cream and crisp pancettafatContent: 827.418 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 117 milligrams cholesterol