This omega-rich pasta bake is fortified with salmon and broad beans.
The ingredient of Salmon and broad bean bake
- 375g dried tortiglioni pasta
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 25g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat thickened cream
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 415g can red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked
The instruction how to make Salmon and broad bean bake
- Grease a 5cm-deep, 22cm x 27cm (base) baking dish. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Peel and discard skins.
- Preheat grill on high. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Stir in capsicum and one-third of the cheese. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add milk mixture, beans and salmon to pasta. Stir to combine. Transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Grill for 7 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Salmon and broad bean bakefatContent: 814.99 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol