Penne for pennies! This family-friendly pasta is deliciously creamy and so easy, especially if you make it with leftover roast chicken.
The ingredient of Penne with chicken, peas and rocket
- 300g penne rigate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g (2 cups) shredded cooked chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 40g (1 cup) baby rocket leaves
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Penne with chicken, peas and rocket
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, stock, cream and peas. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Add the chicken mixture and the rocket to the pasta and toss until well combined. Divide among serving dishes. Sprinkle with the parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Penne with chicken, peas and rocketfatContent: 662.508 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 122 milligrams cholesterol