This pasta recipe may sound fancy but it is quick and simple to prepare.
The ingredient of Creamy smoked salmon fettuccine
- 135g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 6 green shallots
- 500g fettuccine
- 1 600ml carton thin cream
- 250mls (1 cup) dry white wine
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into 1cm wide strips
The instruction how to make Creamy smoked salmon fettuccine
- Combine the cheese, parsley, pepper and lemon rind in a small bowl and set aside. Cut the green shallots into 5cm lengths, halve lengthways, then cut into thin strips.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain, return to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the cream, wine and garlic in a large frying pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add the green shallots and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt.
- Pour the sauce into the saucepan with the fettuccine and toss to combine. Add the smoked salmon and 1/2 the cheese mixture and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Divide the pasta among warmed serving plates or bowls and serve accompanied by the remaining cheese mixture.
Nutritions of Creamy smoked salmon fettuccinefatContent: 783.442 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 137 milligrams cholesterol