Rediscover a family favourite with these traditional pasta and meatballs. Theres even hidden veg in the mix.
The ingredient of Penne and meatballs
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 4 button mushrooms, grated
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 800g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes
- 375g penne rigate
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne and meatballs
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 18cm x 20cm (base) baking dish.
- Combine mince, zucchini, carrot, onion, mushroom and cheese in a bowl. Roll 1 tablespoon mixture into a ball. Place in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Top with pasta sauce. Bake for 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Divide pasta between plates. Top with meatball mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Penne and meatballsfatContent: 578.858 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 80 milligrams cholesterol