The combination of bacon, sun-dried tomato and treviso makes this pasta dish pop with flavour.
The ingredient of Penne with treviso, sun-dried tomato & lemon
- 400g penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 short-cut rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 treviso, leaves separated, coarsely shredded
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Penne with treviso, sun-dried tomato & lemon
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the treviso. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the pasta, tomato, lemon rind, lemon juice and remaining oil to the treviso mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving dishes and top with parmesan.
Nutritions of Penne with treviso, sun-dried tomato & lemonfatContent: 580.77 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein
sodiumContent: 32 milligrams cholesterol