Need a quick pasta dish that is full of flavour and texture? Try this 30-minute brussels sprout and sausage penne recipe.
The ingredient of Caramelised brussels sprout and sausage penne
- 250g penne
- 4 Coles Finest Spicy Calabrese Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g pkt brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, halved
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup (20g) natural flaked almonds, toasted
The instruction how to make Caramelised brussels sprout and sausage penne
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the sausage mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up into lumps, for 5 mins or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Add the brussels sprout and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the brussels sprout begins to caramelise.
- Add the leek and garlic and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Return the sausage mince to the pan with the cream, lemon juice and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the sauce thickens. Add the pasta and toss to combine. Season.
- Divide the pasta mixture evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with almond and lemon zest.
Nutritions of Caramelised brussels sprout and sausage pennefatContent: 722.019 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein