This sun-dried tomato and pine nut pesto livens up any pasta dish.
The ingredient of Red pesto penne with prosciutto
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 75g sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small tomato, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g penne rigate
The instruction how to make Red pesto penne with prosciutto
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place prosciutto, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Grill for 2 minutes each side or until crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into large pieces.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Roughly chop tomatoes. Place in a food processor with pine nuts and garlic. Process until finely chopped. Add fresh tomato, oregano, vinegar, half the parsley and reserved liquid. Process until smooth. Add oil and process until combined. Season with pepper.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pan over low heat. Stir in pesto and enough cooking water so that pesto coats the pasta. Add remaining parsley. Season with pepper. Top with prosciutto and serve.
Nutritions of Red pesto penne with prosciuttofatContent: 593.198 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 92.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol