This vegetarian pasta recipe by Valli Little was inspired by Italian American chef Giada de Laurentiis.
The ingredient of Linguine with porcini and vegetable bolognese
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms (see notes)
- 500g linguine
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 150g Swiss brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves, plus extra whole leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125g) mascarpone
- Grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, to serve
The instruction how to make Linguine with porcini and vegetable bolognese
- Soak porcini in 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid, and roughly chop.
- Cook linguine in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, whiz carrot, onion, celery, capsicum, Swiss brown mushrooms and garlic in a food processor to finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the finely chopped vegetables. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the herbs, pesto and drained porcini, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the wine, stock and reserved porcini liquid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes or until warm. Stir through the mascarpone and season.
- Drain the linguine, reserving a little of the cooking water, and return to saucepan. Gently toss the bolognese with the pasta, adding the reserved water, if needed. Serve with parmesan and oregano leaves.
Nutritions of Linguine with porcini and vegetable bolognesefatContent: 760.02 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 87.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 126 milligrams cholesterol