Its the first day of winter so what you need is something warm and hearty - this pasta dish is it!
The ingredient of Rigatoni with Italian sausage
- 4 (about 500g) Italian sausages*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small dried chillies, crumbled
- 2 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- 250g rigatoni pasta
- 150g thick cream
- 150g parmesan, grated
The instruction how to make Rigatoni with Italian sausage
- Split open the sausages, place the meat in a bowl and discard the casings.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and rosemary, and cook until the onion starts to soften. Increase heat to high and add the garlic, crumbled sausage meat, mushrooms and chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, mashing into the sausage mixture, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Stir the cream and half the parmesan into the sauce, then toss with the pasta. Serve with the remaining parmesan.
Nutritions of Rigatoni with Italian sausagefatContent: 915.609 calories
saturatedFatContent: 56 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 149 milligrams cholesterol