Everyone bring a fork! This classic pasta - spaghetti alla puttanesca - is infused with garlic, capers, anchovies and chili for a spicy kick.
The ingredient of Spaghetti alla puttanesca
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar olive sauce
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
- Basil leaves, to garnish
The instruction how to make Spaghetti alla puttanesca
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of lightly salted water according to the packet instructions or until al dente.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the chilli, garlic, anchovies and capers, cook stirring for 2 minutes more. Add the barilla olive sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and heat through for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and grated Parmesan.
Nutritions of Spaghetti alla puttanescafatContent: