Pasta with cheese gets re-invented with the addition of chillies, fresh basil and creamy ricotta.
The ingredient of Spaghetti with ricotta and rocket
- 200g rocket
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 loosely-packed cup picked basil leaves
- 200g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 cup (100g) grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Spaghetti with ricotta and rocket
- Roughly chop half the rocket. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frypan over medium heat, add garlic and chilli and fry for 1 minute. Add basil and chopped rocket, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Place in a food processor with ricotta, remaining oil and half the remaining rocket, and process to combine. Season well.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain, and add sauce, remaining rocket and half the parmesan, then toss to combine. Serve topped with remaining parmesan.
Nutritions of Spaghetti with ricotta and rocketfatContent: 749.265 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 47 milligrams cholesterol