Looking for interesting, healthy ways to increase your vegie intake? Try our pasta with pumpkin and spinach.
The ingredient of Pumpkin, spinach and feta spaghetti
- 100ml (5 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 650g piece Jap pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried, shredded
- 375g spaghetti
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, spinach and feta spaghetti
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until the onion softens. Stir in the pumpkin and water. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove the lid and increase heat to high. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and the pumpkin is light golden. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until it just wilts.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan with the pumpkin mixture, feta, lemon rind, lemon juice and remaining oil. Toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, spinach and feta spaghettifatContent: 716.761 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein