Team smooth ricotta with spicy sausage and fresh rocket to make this quick and tasty pasta.
The ingredient of Ricotta & chorizo penne
- 250g penne rigate
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 green zucchini, halved lengthways, thickly sliced diagonally
- 80g (1/2 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1 x 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Ricotta & chorizo penne
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 250ml (1 cup) of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown and heated through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato and reserved cooking liquid and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Return the chorizo to the pan along with the pasta, ricotta, rocket and basil and toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Ricotta & chorizo pennefatContent: 428.049 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein