Risoni is small rice shaped pasta which makes a delicious accompaniment to this Greek-style lamb.
The ingredient of Greek lamb chops with risoni salad
- 4 Coles lamb forequarter chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 250g dried risoni
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely torn
- 100g feta, coarsely crumbled
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Greek lamb chops with risoni salad
- Place the chops in a shallow dish. Combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano and half the lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over the lamb. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight to marinate.
- Cook the risoni following packet directions. Drain and briefly run under cold water to cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, olives, feta and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat a large barbecue plate over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 4 minutes each side (alternatively cook in a large non-stick frying pan in 2 batches). Divide the lamb and salad among serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Greek lamb chops with risoni saladfatContent: 802.084 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 70.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 202 milligrams cholesterol