With a few supermarket ingredients – sausages, pasta and cheese – its easy to create this simple dinner idea.
The ingredient of Sausage and mortadella ragu
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 slices mortadella, chopped
- 3 pork and fennel sausages, casings removed
- 10 large sage leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra sage leaves, to serve
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) tomato sugo
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g rigatoni pasta
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Sausage and mortadella ragu
- Heat 2 tbs oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir through garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add mortadella and sausage, and cook, breaking sausage up with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned all over. Add sage and white wine, and simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add sugo, stock and bay leaf, and simmer for 20 minutes or until thick and reduced. Season to taste.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and toss through sauce.
- Heat remaining 1/3 cup (80ml) oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add extra sage and cook for 1 minute or until crisp and bright. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with fried sage and parmesan.
Nutritions of Sausage and mortadella ragufatContent: