Creamy food doesnt necessarily mean high in fat - the proof is in this diet-friendly mushroom pasta.
The ingredient of Creamy three-mushroom spaghetti
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 375ml can Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 8 green shallots, chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
The instruction how to make Creamy three-mushroom spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the button mushrooms and Swiss brown mushrooms. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms soften.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of the evaporated milk with the cornflour and add to the pan with the remaining milk. Increase heat to medium-high and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Halve any large oyster mushrooms, then stir into the sauce along with the green shallots. Season well with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until the oyster mushrooms soften.
- Add the mushroom sauce and coriander to the spaghetti and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Creamy three-mushroom spaghettifatContent: 495.208 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 91 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein