A packet of dried pasta is a pantry essential for last-minute dinners. Mix things up with this creamy spinach sauce.
The ingredient of Creamy spinach fusilli with gremolata breadcrumbs
- 500g fusilli or other short pasta
- 3/4 cup (50g) coarse fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200g baby spinach
- 200ml creme fraiche or sour cream
The instruction how to make Creamy spinach fusilli with gremolata breadcrumbs
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, spread breadcrumbs on a baking ray and grill, stirring halfway, for 2-3 minutes until toasted. Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly. Add the zest, garlic and parsley, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir the spinach and creme fraiche through the hot pasta until the spinach has wilted. Stir half the gremolata breadcrumbs through the pasta. Divide among four bowls and sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs to serve.
Nutritions of Creamy spinach fusilli with gremolata breadcrumbsfatContent: 522.932 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1.2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 109 milligrams cholesterol