For a complete family dinner, these veal meatballs are served with pasta, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
The ingredient of Parmesan meatball skewers with tomato sauce
- 3 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 450g veal mince
- 1 small red onion, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn cooked macaroni pasta, to serve
The instruction how to make Parmesan meatball skewers with tomato sauce
- Place bread in a bowl. Cover with milk. Stand for 2 minutes. Squeeze out excess milk. Combine bread mixture, mince, onion, cheese, chutney and dried herbs in a large bowl. Using 1 tablespoon mixture at a time, roll mixture into 32 balls. Place on a tray. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Thread 4 meatballs onto each skewer. Place skewers on prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place tomato, parsley and basil in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Serve skewers with pasta and tomato mixture.
Nutritions of Parmesan meatball skewers with tomato saucefatContent: 502.856 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 100 milligrams cholesterol