Re-invent leftover pasta in this delicious capsicum and tomato frittata.
The ingredient of Peperonata frittata
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Peperonata frittata
- To make peperonata, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a largenon-stick frying pan. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until just soft. Reduce heat to very low, add the capsicum and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Add sugar and vinegar, increase heat to medium and cook until liquid has evaporated. Add pasta and stir in half the basil. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and parmesan in a separate bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Stir in peperonata and remaining basil.
- Wipe the pan clean and add remaining oil. Pour in the mixture, cover slightly with a lid or baking tray, and cook on lowest heat for 15 minutes, or until set (keep checking that base is not burning). Preheat the grill and place pan under for 1-2 minutes to set the top. Serve.
Nutritions of Peperonata frittatafatContent: 506.919 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 552 milligrams cholesterol