Keep this delicious pasta on hand in the freezer for a super-fast veal meal deal!
The ingredient of Tortellini ‘n’ cheese
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 625g packet fresh veal tortellini pasta
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
The instruction how to make Tortellini ‘n’ cheese
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C/170u00b0C fan-forced. Place broccoli in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender, adding peas for the last minute. Drain. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Slowly add 1/4 cup milk at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Return pan to medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Add 1 cup cheese. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 2/3 cup sauce.
- Place pasta, sauce, broccoli and peas in a 6 cup-capacity round ovenproof dish. Gently fold to combine. Top with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Nutritions of Tortellini ‘n’ cheesefatContent: 738.988 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 108 milligrams cholesterol