Roasted vegetables are a healthy and hearty filling for this winter pasta bake.
The ingredient of Roasted vegetable lasagne
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium (400g) orange sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 medium (300g) eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 700g jar tomato passata
- 50g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups grated pizza cheese
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Roasted vegetable lasagne
- Preheat oven on 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease 4 baking trays. Place zucchini, sweet potato, onion and eggplant in a single layer on prepared trays. Roast, 2 trays at a time, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and start to brown.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, basil, semi-dried tomatoes and passata in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and flour. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until smooth and combined. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm deep, 29cm x 22cm ovenproof dish. Place 1 lasagne sheet over base of prepared dish, trimming to fit. Top with 1/3 vegetables. Drizzle with 1/3 tomato mixture, then cheese sauce. Arrange 1 lasagne sheet over mixture, trimming to fit. Top with half the remaining vegetables, half the tomato mixture and 1/3 cheese sauce. Repeat with 1 lasagne sheet, remaining vegetables, remaining tomato mixture and half of the remaining cheese sauce.
- Arrange remaining lasagne sheet over mixture, trimming to fit. Spread remaining cheese sauce over lasagne. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Roasted vegetable lasagnefatContent: 478.956 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein