This well balanced pasta dish is perfect for anyone short on time or cooking skills.
The ingredient of Chorizo, pea & pecorino conchiglie
- 400g conchiglie (small pasta shells)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 100g dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- 200g fresh, podded or frozen peas, blanched
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) creme fraiche
- Shaved pecorino, to serve
The instruction how to make Chorizo, pea & pecorino conchiglie
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frypan over medium-low heat and gently fry the eschalot for 5 minutes or until beginning to turn golden. Add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking liquid. Toss pasta with oil and reserved cooking liquid, then stir onion mixture through pasta, along with the peas, lemon zest and juice, and creme fraiche. Serve with shaved pecorino.
Nutritions of Chorizo, pea & pecorino conchigliefatContent: 568.103 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3.6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol